- Link students and fellows working in the probiotic/prebiotics field
We are using this website, as well as Facebook and LinkedIn, to discuss our research in the probiotics and prebiotics field, exchange ideas, and meet!
- Link our community with ISAPP members from the industry and Principal investigators
We are setting up a database of student profiles via this website: This will allow us to better know each other, and to communicate our research to principal investigators, and ISAPP members from industry.
SFA members also have the ability through SFA to post opportunities, such as training and job offers.
- Offer short-term internships/lab visits to our SFA members
There will be opportunities for SFA members for short visits (few weeks to a few months) to another lab to learn a new technique.
- Offer Web-based mini-conferences: “Ask the expert!”
SFA members will pick a ‘hot topic’ or technique and arrange web-based conferences with an expert on the topic and a group of interested students/fellows.
- Improve ISAPP’s visibility via conferences and symposiums:
We will arrange opportunity for SFA members to meet and network with other SFA members. One option being considered is to organize a small symposium within a larger conference such as ASM, Lab10..
- Improve participation of SFA fellows and students to the ISAPP 2010 conference.
SFA members will give Input for discussion topics, late breaking news, social activities and local organization.